|Placement:||BM - German speaking Export Assistant|
|Application Deadline:||30th March 2013|
The Host Company
The company is an international brand leader in the re-useable cotton nappy market. The company is actively persuading parents across the globe to change from using disposable to reusable (washable) nappies. From a small company originally set up in Northamptonshire, they now sell their nappies and accessories worldwide with distributors and major retailers across Europe and the rest of the world stocking their products.
With your excellent command of English and advanced knowledge of the German language, and your organised, outgoing and self-motivated approach, you will provide support to the international sales team, liaising with their distributors on a regular basis. With your creative flair, you will also provide marketing support to the business, managing distributors and working closely with internal teams regarding design and branding. The company currently works with 40 distributors worldwide; therefore direct communication and relationship building are key aspects to this role. You will also help by translating documents and various marketing materials. There are two key events during the year for the International Department. The Distributors Conference that is held in the spring in the UK and the Kind + Jugend Nursery Fair in Germany which is held in September. Depending on the duration of your placement you will be involved in organising and possibly attending these events. There are also 3 major consumer shows during the year that you will be required to attend. Altogether, these give you a great opportunity to learn more about distributors and the end consumers who are using the products. This placement has all the requirements for THE perfect placement and is based on years of ISPO-student experience in the company.
The Ideal Student
- Preferably a graduate or an undergraduate nearing completion of your studies of an International Business or Marketing degree.
- Excellent English and German language skills both, written and spoken.
- Positive and confident telephone manner, ability to use own initiative, a creative flair and strong communication skills.
- Should possess a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint programmes, and should also be affluent in carrying out in depth online research.
- Outgoing, flexible and enthusiastic personality.
- Previous work experience is essential, preferably within an office environment and where the student has proven experience of using their initiative and working well with others.
- Must be independent and confident to build and develop relationships
- Ideal candidate must be able to work on their own initiative within a busy department.