|Placement:||NG1 - International Business Project – China Focus - MANDARIN SPEAKER|
|Application Deadline:||31st July 2012|
The Host Company is an export-led niche manufacturer of static control equipment for hazardous areas, incorporating an innovative range of earthing and bonding equipment, monitoring systems and accessories. The company has a growing reputation in the worldwide chemical processing sector as a reliable supplier of products and services, and already has sales into China, currently via an official distributor based in Shanghai. The Host Company would like to have more available access to detailed market information, as well as raising awareness of their products and branding in China.The Placement
The project the company envisages will last 3 - 6 months and incorporate desk research (based at our Nottingham offices) and at least one field trip, probably accompanied by our Export Sales Manager or other Company Executive. The ideal candidate would be a Chinese National who is studying a business or marketing related degree, with Mandarin Chinese as their mother tongue and also good command of English language.
Key areas the placement covers include:
• Potential market size for the Host company
• How is the market structured in terms of channels of distribution - End-Users, Resellers, Contractors, State Controlled Organisations.
• Identifying other market influencers and gate-keepers (consultants, regulatory etc)
• Identify any local technical standards
• Regional issues - where are the major concentrations of Chemical Process Industry
• Research the feasibility of covering the whole country with a single distributor, or suggest and investigate if the host company should divide the territory along regional/cultural lines with its own distribution accordingly.
• Identify competitors and alternative/substitute technologies, including comparison of pricing and technical features for local and imported products
• Identify any potential targets for cooperation, JV or acquisition, or innovative related products that could find markets elsewhere (Europe/North America etc)
• Review of marketing materials, website and tactics used to engage the Chinese market.